Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homecoming


9/26: Sort of a homecoming at the University of Nebraska campus in Lincoln. Last night I was in Nebraska's capital to see some college fraternity brothers, some of whom I hadn't seen in 20 or 40 years. Most are at the Husker football game today in Lincoln. Now I'm enroute to Portland via Denver.


My arriving flight in Omaha brought together the family members of Spc Don Grella accompanied by the U.S. Army Honor Guard and the Patriot Guard Riders. They will accompany Don's remains home to Laurel, Nebraska. Until recently, Spc Don Grella was listed as MIA. Now that remains have been identified, the status can be changed. It's now official: KIA 28 December 1965.

My Nebraska homecoming was a very fitting day for the return of a fallen soldier who had been missing for nearly 44 years.


Homecoming. Pray for the continued healing of the family and our nation.

Pax,
Roger

No comments: