Thursday, August 20, 2009

For a While I Had Hope. . .


For a while I had hope.
I'd hoped that this would be the year we got a REAL change in the way health care costs are paid for in the USA. I believed we had different people in charge who would get the job done.
But they so far have given us a very flawed effort that leaves far too much of the bad parts of our piecemeal system in place. And doesn't provide anything good enough in their place. OK, so Congress is too blind to all the money and lobbying. And the President didn't have enough of a plan to sell it from the beginning.
Then we the people weighed in. Not very pleasantly. No very politely. Not very brightly.
For a while there I had hope--until I heard from us. The scrap of paper I picked up along with other trash on my run this AM kinda tells the story.
I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP! I DID NOT STAGE THIS!
We love each other. We hate each other. We hang together--whatever that is. And we want to kill somebody. . . I wonder who Barny is?
So how do we feel about Leviticus 19:18 these days?
Health care reform, anyone?
Thank you! (No, really!)
Pax,
Roger

No comments: